Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mirror

 Mabel here, I just finished the mirror. Yes, I painted a gold leaf mirror. Some of you may have liked the before picture, but I had gold there before and as you can see it was kind of boring.  The gold was a little much, as ornate as the frame is. The trim is painted white, so it all ties in.  I love it!  And it was FREE. Makes it twice as nice. This one is a keeper. Couldn't wait to get it in my foyer. 

I painted my ceiling a milk chocolate. I will post some pics of it. I was scared to death. My son and friend, who both have design degrees, told me to do it. It is warm & wonderful. Everyone that sees it just loves it.  Hope you will too! It's the same color I painted my living room walls.
See the little face peeking out in the corner of the mirror.  That is one of the pride and joys in my life. My granddaughter! Grandchildren truly are gifts from God........



 
I think I need to lose the doily!!      What was I thinking.    But it belonged to Mother!  

2 comments:

  1. Sweet doily but, like you, don't think it belongs there. I have so many of my mom's things that I LOVE but don't know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found the perfect thing to do with the doily, check this out, you may have to scroll down to see the doily on the quilts. lovelytextiles.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.