Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Painted It RED!

Well as you all know, Ethel and I love to go to auctions.  Look what we found for my sun room.   I have been wanting to paint the dated paneling, what on earth was I waiting for,  I've been there 27 years, it's about time!  Had some left over paint from the up stairs hallway.  Brought it down, and slapped it on the wall. Three coats, ugh! The valances were an auction find.  Can't believe how they fit. Looks like I had them custom made, and the color matches the over sized chair and paint color PERRRRFECT! Now I have to work on the shelving in there and it will be complete. 


Don't be afraid to paint paneling. Just go for it!  I was even gutsy and went with Red.  It is a very bright room,  but my upstairs hall way is dark and it looks great there too.  I'll take a pic of that and show you. Three walls are painted and one papered.  There is a story behind that!!!
I have a chandelier that I'm going to hang out there, it's gold. Think I might paint it red too. Free!  As soon as I can bribe my nephew into hanging it. Food always works!!


Check out the lamp on the side table.  Auction! 


There is a column supporting the figurine, found that along side the road. Two of them, one is in my garden.
                   Doesn't it look fantastical? 
              Yes Jenna the stained glass crescent moon hanging, will be coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.