Well I'm back to reading the great little book we got called "How to Develop a More Successful Personality!" The next chapter in our little book is on health.
First things first! Poise and appearance are end results. There may be difficulties involved in restoring your health once you've neglected it. (I can relate to that!) But many of these difficulties can be avoided by a proper health program.
Such a program is like insurance. The earlier you take the less it cost you...and the greater dividends it will bring you in later years. Whoever you are, the time to start it is right now. So here they are, the simple old-fashioned health rules:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Get plenty of exercise and fresh air.
- Play some every day.
- Avoid harmful drugs...beverages, etc.
- Consult your doctor for a check-up at least once a year.
- Don't suffer in clothing which is out of season. Plan for comfort: warmth in winter, coolness in summer.
- Keep clean. Drink plenty of water every day.
Good, simple advice we should all follow. No matter what new diet is being marketed, you can't deny that the common sense basics from 1958 are all you need today. And of course to stop eating the peanut M&M's every chance I get, but enough about me! Next time we will talk about stepping-stones to dreams coming true!