Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wedding Shower Today No Auction for Mabel

 I had a wedding shower. My gift was a quilt that I made for a picnic basket I got from the mother of the bride to be.  She gave it to me 18 years ago, I had to have it.  I was going to go on a picnic and use it!  Yeah right.  Never used it, not once in 18 years.  Can you believe that.  Sat in my garage all that time.  Well, thought this was a perfect opportunity to make a quilt, and give it back filled with picnic dishes.   Here is a picture of it.  White looking piece of paper, is just that, Ether transferred notebook paper on to fabric for me, and I wrote a little story about the engaged couple.  Sewed it down like it was lying on the quilt.



Here is a close up of the story I wrote. Can't read but it really does look like paper.  She cried, I cried, I think she liked it.  


      And here is a shower picture of the the wine glasses at Hermes Winery. The shower was out back with a grape vine arbor, and an old shed.  Absolutely lovely.


       And here is the Bride to be and her Flower Girl.  Who just happens to be my Pride! 
Arent' they beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.