Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tea Cart Updated with Blue & White

I have had this tea cart for as long as I can remember.  It belonged to my great grandmother.  I refinished it years ago and did get new glass cut for the top of it, but other than that I didn't think there was much more I could do to it.
Occasionally I would change what I displayed on top, but almost always it housed our small amount of liquor bottles on the bottom.  Then the other day I had the brainstorm of putting some fabric underneath the glass tops.  Why hadn't I thought of that before?  Sometimes the obvious just never appears, but once I got this notion I was hot to trot.  So off to Joann Fabrics I went and I was lucky enough to find this beautiful blue and white fabric.  My entire dining room is a dark blue and white.  I pulled up the glass and traced the sizes needed.  After they were cut to size I cleaned the glass really good and replaced them on top.  I couldn't get over the difference.
The entire tea cart had a new personality.  I loved it with the wall and woodwork.  After I saw how nice it looked I took the eucalyptus I had in a vase on top and spray painted that white as well.  Totally brightened it up.  Put a wine rack I had on top and couldn't believe how just a little fabric and spray paint could make me like something I have had forever that much more again.

Here's a close-up of the new tops. 
And the completed final look.  I love it!
Participating in:
Check out the Party!

3 comments:

  1. It is fabulous, goodness you could change the fabric with the seasons! How special to be from your grandmother! Thank you so much for attending the ball, I am so glad you are having a good time

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Carol I never thought about changing it for different seasons, wouldn't that look cute at Christmas. Thanks for checking us out. Ethel

      Delete
  2. Hi Ethel,
    Oh, what a difference a little fabric can make!!
    It is just fabulous, what a lovely tea cart...
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.