Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Car was Stolen

Went to Kohl's to buy my last Christmas gift.  I was in and out in exactly 10 minutes.  The line on both sides of the store went around the corner.  No Way!  Off to the jewelry counter.  As long as they are not waiting on someone for jewelry they'll check you out.  Out the door I go,  but where is my car. I went a couple of rows over, thinking , well maybe I parked over here.   No car. Are you kidding, Do you know how many white cars there are. I have my arm up in the air clicking the button, hoping the horn will start to honk.  I was zig-zagging the parking lot. I had to look like an complete idiot. Panic started to set in.  I started making a mental note of everything that was in there, Pride and Joy's mom had some Christmas gifts in the trunk, and I had some in the back seat.  Do I have full coverage on it?  Here I was patting myself on the back for getting in and out of the store so quick, obviously not quick enough. This guy was good, because I was literally in there for 10 minutes. Thinking he couldn't have gotten very far, I bring my arm down to dial the police, so I can catch the fool who stole my car. 91... and just before I hit the last 1. I look up.  I didn't have my car, I had the truck, our red truck.  I walked by that  #^*! thing about a dozen times. I just stood there staring at it. If I had a tail, it would have been tucked so far up my behind it wouldn't have been funny. So I slithered into the seat and went home, but not before I called Ethel so she could have a good belly laugh. So this Kiwi moment belongs to me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.