Sunday, July 1, 2012

Old Sunday Favorite - Cinnamon Flops

This recipe was handed down from my grandmother Lucille, and my mother used to make it on Sunday mornings for us when I was growing up.  
Now my kids love it when I make it for them too.  
So simple and delicious, but you have to eat it when it has been freshly made, that's when it tastes best.

1 Cup Sugar
Butter the size of a Walnut
2 Cups Flour
2 Rounding Teaspoons of Baking Powder
Add 1 Cup Milk and Beat Well

Spread into two greased round cake pans.  Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Dot the top with butter.  Here they are ready to go into the oven.
Bake at 400 degrees until done.
  Usually about 10-12 minutes.  
Check with a toothpick.   
And here they are warm from the oven and ready to be enjoyed by another generation of cinnamon flop lovers.
I sometimes add pecans on the top of one of them. 
 The rest of my family usually don't like the pecans, which then means there are more cinnamon flops for me!!
Enjoy them some Sunday morning with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.