Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Mantle!

I was too excited to find out about Home Stories A 2 Z Halloween Mantle Linky Party that I just had to participate.  Below is a photo of my family room fireplace in it's best Halloween Attire.
I love the colors of fall and Halloween so they work very well in my family room.  When we bought the house the fireplace was only a mantle, we added the beadboard and trim to make it look complete.
As you can tell we are big fans of the
Headless Horseman and Sleepy Hollow.
Signs says on the top:
"Where You Can Rest in Peace!"
Sleepy Hollow Bed & Breakfast
The box is a Headless Horseman miniature shadow box that my sister won at a dollhouse/miniature show.  Naturally since she knows we love the Headless Horseman she gave it to us.  How nice was that!
The tree with the owls is an old Hallmark Item.  When you push his hand he plays the Adams Family Theme song and the owls go up and down and his eyes glow.  Too Cute! 















Next to the fireplace is our TV Cabinet.  The Headless Horseman theme is continued on top of there too.

 
Here it is naturally lit with the orange bulb I have hidden behind it.

So there you have my Halloween Mantle.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and a peak inside my home.  If you wonder how we got so hooked on the Headless Horseman we would go to the Ohio Village when my kids were younger for the All Hallow's Eve celebration which concluded with a storytelling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and an appearance by the Headless Horseman himself.  If you've never been there it's worth the trip.  Great Family Fun.  This is the same place that the Country Living Fair has been held the last few years in Columbus, Ohio.
So Happy Halloween Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my 'mantle'--your decorations are great! I love the paper bats and the haunted house...really adds a lot of spookiness to the ambiance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mantle and your home looks so cozy! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.