Sunday, October 23, 2011

Antique Sewing Cabinet Drawers

I just love old sewing machine cabinets and especially the ornate old drawers that adorned them.  I have a small display in my sewing room of some drawers I took off of an old White Sewing Machine Cabinet.  I have my mother's antique child's sewing machine along with the box of accessories from the White Sewing Machine and the Ornate Wood Name Plate from the front of the cabinet.  Other than saving these pieces and the base the cabinet was in poor shape.  I also seem to like the "white" items because that was my Great Grandmother's maiden name.  Still have to make something with the old iron base, but we'll save that for another time.
Here is just a little sampling of the beautiful drawers
that used to grace the sewing machine cabinets of yesteryear.
They are beautiful any way you look at them.
And so many ways you could use them in your home.
Just something I love that I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.