Thursday, August 11, 2011

We Have A Bat

And not the kind you swing a ball at.  Although my poor husband, who is deathly afraid of them will be swinging like there is no tomorrow, when it comes out of hiding.  This is not the first one we've had.  You'd think by now he wouldn't be such a girl about it.  I saw it circling two nights ago in the kitchen.  I got up very calmly to try to confine it in one room.  He, on the other hand, jumped and said a few words I'd rather not post.  By time I got my new bat catching device.  The dog gate.  I couldn't find it.  I know it's there somewhere, Ray is having a hard time sleeping. One thing I will say is, he's not staying up till 2 a.m. anymore, when I say I'm going to bed at 11.  He is close on my heels, along with April and May.  With a big fishing net in hand. Yes, he brings it to bed with him, and sets it right along side the dresser for a quick grab.  Says, he needs it to protect himself.  You should see the size of this net.  He could catch a 50lb. carp with it.  And he is sleeping in his shorts in case he has to get up in the middle of the night, and run out side.  I can see I will be all alone in this little endeavor.  I swear the man is going to have a heart attack, because of the bat.  He gets real angry, and his face gets red.  I know his heart is racing like mad.  It is so hard not to laugh at him.  But that makes him even more mad.  And then I get "THAT'S IT, WERE MOVING!!!"  We've moved about a dozen time now since we've been there.  Guess I'll have to catch them all alone, now that we are empty nesters.  Used to be fun with my children at home. I have this catching down to a science.  I like to time myself, to see if I can break my old record.  But not so much fun when you are awaken at 3 a.m. with him yelling DEEEBEEE. I know by the bellow, we have a bat.  I'll let you know when it appears again and we, make that, I, catch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.