Thursday, March 29, 2012

SWEET POTATO PIE



My dear friend gave me this recipe that she tweaked to accommodate her husbands sissy diet.  Taste better than pumpkin pie.  I will never go back. You have to give it a try, probably the simplest pie I ever made.  
Here it is: 

Sweet Potato Pie

2 pie crusts
(I used store brought which made my friends skin crawl)

Mix all the ingredients 
(or immigrants as a friend calls them, don't you love old people)

2 large sweet potatoes 3 1/2 cups mashed
2t salt
2c vanilla flavored almond milk
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2t cinnamon
1t nutmeg
1t ginger

Pour in pie crusts, 
 and bake for 35-40 minutes 
at 400 degrees.
insert knife on outer edge to come out clean, 
the center will set.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we look forward to reading it.